Monday, November 2, 2009

At Least I Didn't Try To Put The Key In the Ignition.

This evening, I stopped by QuikTrip to grab some hot cocoa on my way to our women's ministry team meeting. When I walked back to my car, I reached to open the door and noticed a man had stopped and was giving me a strange look. I looked down to avoid his glance, opened the door, sat down, and shut the door.

And then realized I had gotten in on the passenger side.

Hence, the strange look.

Awesome.

SO. How, exactly, does one coolly brush off this itty-bitty faux pas? I put my purse on, opened the door, and flung my purse onto the passenger seat, then shut the door and walked around to the driver's side. As if to say, "Ah yes! I always put my purse on the passenger seat before I get in!"

Smooth, Katie. Reeeeeeeeaaaaal smooth. 

9 comments:

  1. LOL. Blame it on baby brain...I've done so many silly things these last 5 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mushy. Pregnancy. Brain. It happens. Love you and your smooooooth moves!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely pregnancy brain! definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious! I get that look a lot these days since my driver's side door handle is broken. I can manage to open it on a sunny day, but when it is raining and the handle is slick I have to hop in the passengers side and crawl over to the drivers side! Definitely awkward with an audience (and something I should probably pony up to fix before I have a belly that will keep me from crawling in tight spaces! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my. Why, oh why, can't I be there when these things happen to you?!? So funny!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am truly laughing out loud as I read this...that's good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. seriously laughing out loud...I wish I could ask that man what he was thinking. Pregnant brain is so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I love your blog! I may or may not have one time put they key to my fiance's car into the cigarette lighter and blew a lot of fuses... :-) Oops!

    ReplyDelete