Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tragedy and Joy.

As most of you know, storms ripped across our state over the past two days, causing several tornadoes, two of which were large, and violent. Today as the search and rescue efforts continue in the town of Moore, we are heartsick for the families who have lost loved ones. Especially, children.

This morning, I sat on the edge of the tub in our bathroom and started to pray. I started to cry and could not keep the tears from coming. My heart is so heavy, so sad. My husband suddenly burst through the bathroom door and said, "They found one hundred people ALIVE last night! Through the night!" and my tears turned to tears of joy. 

I think this is how today will be--devastating tragedy intermingled with unspeakable joy.

I wiped my eyes and took a deep breath to try and calm down. Today is Cub's last day of Pre-3 and he is so excited--life keeps rolling forward. As he wandered into the bathroom after his Dad, I smiled at how much he has grown over this past year. I am so proud of my big boy--and so thankful that he is mine to hold yet again this morning.

Our prayers are with you in Moore. 


3 comments:

  1. I found your blog many years ago. I don't even remember how I stumbled upon it. Although I don't know you in "real life", I've continued reading your blog because you're such an inspiration to me. You make me want to be a better mother, better Christian, and just a better person in general. I'm glad your family is safe.
    Prayers from Ky,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a big boy! I'm so glad you got to celebrate with him today. Poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl,
    I never knew you were from Oklahoma. I live in Oklahoma City. My heart is broken for the families who've lost everything - especially those who lost loved ones. I am praying for our fellow Oklahomans but am blessed by the way we are pulling together.

    ReplyDelete