Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Lydia Jane: Five Months!

Dear Little Lydia Ladybug Buns,

You are now FIVE MONTHS OLD!

For some reason, this reality has hit Mama a little harder than the other months. It's so close to six months, which is almost half a year ... I just can't believe it! I feel like I blink and you're another month older. This month brought on so many changes, too, which makes me realize more that you are growing up quickly, my little Liddybug.


You are now officially sleeping through the night. Woot! You were still waking up for a feeding here and there, but now that has become the exception rather than the rule. You go to bed around 8:00 and sleep until 7:00 and it's wonderful! You've dropped your fourth nap and take three naps now--two long naps and one short catnap in the evening. You are still an avid thumb sucker and when we put you in bed, you find your thumb, roll to your side, and go to sleep.

You started solid food this month! Yay! After a couple weeks of oatmeal cereal (with some prunes, ew), I gave you applesauce for the first time. I know, I know, I'm supposed to start with green veggies ... I'll get there. We just had a tub of the organic stuff in our fridge and I gave into my temptation to give it to you! Sure enough, you were a huge fan. I need to get on the ball and start making your baby food. Phew! I just can't believe we're at that stage already!


Speaking of eating, you had to take a bottle for a full weekend while your Dadda and I went to Dallas with some friends. You did great, but I think it's safe to say you were missing me by the last day. And I was missing you! Pumping for that long is no fun and we were both happy to be reunited! I think you eat around 4-5 ounces per feeding. We are going to the doctor this week for your follow-up to make sure you've gained weight!


You are becoming more coordinated with your hands and feet. If I hand you a toy, you can hold on to it for a while instead of immediately dropping it. You also love to kick the toys on your floor gym and I've noticed that once you can tell you're kicking something, you just keep kicking it over and over again. You're so smart, Liddybug! You also roll to your stomach all the time and love to grab toys in front of you. But you aren't a fan of being on your stomach for too long--you inevitably spit up and then you're done!

    

You love the sound of your voice and your coos echo through our house. Your little voice is beginning to have inflection and I can tell you are mimicking the sounds of the voices you hear all day. You love to chit-chat with yourself and it's so cute to see you coo happily and then suddenly furrow your brow and gurgle gruffly. Hm. I wonder who you are impersonating there? :)



We love you, Liddybug. We are so proud you already. God gave us the sweetest of gifts in you.



Love,
Mama

2 comments:

  1. 5 months!?! What!?!! Wow! So fast!

    She's a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say she has gained weight--GEEZ! Look at those arm rolls! So sweet and squishy. Yum. :) (And that pic of her trying to 'crawl' is hilarious! Low center of gravity, anyone?!) ;)

    ReplyDelete