Thursday, February 28, 2013

I Painted My Front Door.

I did. 
I've been painting our front formal living (?) room grey, so, by the light of the full moon and the fire of insanity in my eyes, I gave our front door a coat of grey, too. Because, I mean, what's one more thing? In the late night hours for this NON-NIGHT PERSON? Who has three tiny kids? One more thing?

It turns out, it was a very good thing.

(And I can always throw back coffee today.)


Here's a little "during" shot for you. Notice the black of night outside. I haven't see these kinds of hours since college.


And we'll do the "before" pic now, to give more of an impact, right? So, before ...


... and after! Yay! Light! Clean! Happy! Grey!


Here is a little close-up so you can see how it compares to our beige walls. It seriously changes the look of the entryway. I love it! The color I used was Gravity by Valspar at Lowe's, in Interior Super-Flat (washable, for sticky fingers). The door was stained originally, but I didn't need to sand. If I had actually planned ahead (which I never do before I paint), I would have bought a short roller and rolled it. Instead I used my cutting brush (again, no planning) and did two coats. It dried streak-free!

There you have it!

Have a lovely day!

5 comments:

  1. I seriously love the way it changed the whole feel of the room and the rooms touching it. Flows well, looks clean and crisp, and the pops of color brought in through your furniture and decor adds the finishing touch. Go, you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is that your "new" door fits your house more than the wood-colored door. With the little house view that you showed us, I can tell that the "new" door fits right in! Good decision to change the color!

    Willene Fagen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can never go wrong with light colors. Painting your door with grey made it look so fresh and clean, and it blended well with your interior. Did you notice that it created a lighter mood in your space? Good choice, Katie!

    -Katie Nicoll

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although you painted without planning much on how you would go about the job, the result is still amazingly good! Choosing a lighter shade of gray for your front door gave off a relaxed atmosphere to your house. That can't be a bad thing, right? :) Congratulations!
    Danielle @ Vinylume Home Improvement

    ReplyDelete