Monday, March 5, 2012

Going Through The House: The Kids' Wing.

On my way to decorating the formal dining room, I got a little sidetracked and took a detour through the kids' hallway. Because, what can I say. I just love these guys.


We lovingly (and jokingly) refer to this hallway as the "kids' wing", even though it is, obviously, just a hallway. But, aside from the laundry room and a closet, this corridor is the kids' domain, housing their bedrooms and bathroom, and I wanted to add a few personal touches to emphasize that.


The first project was an idea I saw while I was Pinterest-ing during a middle-of-the-night feeding with le bebe. I came across a contributor who put the outfit her baby wore home from the hospital in a shadow box. Love it! Instead of using the kids' take-home outfits, I used the outfits they wore when they were dedicated. I dug into their hope chest and went to work!

This is the bonnet and shawl that my Memere made for my Mom when she was dedicated as an infant, so it's extra-special that Naomi got to wear it, too.

Loved his little vest!


If you come into our house through the laundry room, these are the first things you see, and I love that we get to look at them every day. And yes, there is a space on the wall for Lydia's, too!

Further down the hall, I took a cue from my genius friend to display the kids' masterpieces. I found a celadon green curtain we were no longer using, and, after stripping its backing, I cut it to size and stapled it to a bulletin board and then pinned some of the kiddos' works of art to it. The kids love it! Their artwork is out there for all to see. Totally fun. And, my refrigerator isn't quite as cluttered ... :)


And, lastly, a photo collage of the inhabitants of this hallway. They grow so quickly. Love them.


There you have it--a peek into the much-adored "kids' wing", ha ha! And now, onto the formal dining room.

Um, after I finish the kids' bathroom first ... :)

Have a lovely day!

5 comments:

  1. Cute!

    Our kid's wing is upstairs. ;) We have a bunch of our wedding photos up there, to remind them of how this all started. Once I find time, I plan on doing all of our handprints down the hallway to their rooms. I LOVE little cute touches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you call it the "kid's wing!" Your projects are so cool! I really like the shadow box idea! :D

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shadow box idea! I love it all actually! Perfect kids wing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love how the shadow boxes turned out! Such a cute space in your cute house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All is lovely...I especially like the shadow boxes! Great idea! :-)

    ReplyDelete