Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Twinkle, Twinkle.

The kids' grandparents took a trip to Washington, D.C. a few months ago and I received a text from their G-Ma saying that she was at the Smithsonian and saw the cutest astronaut jumpsuit costume there and would we possibly want it for Halloween?

Well of course we would!

Ever since we watched the space shuttle launch, Cub loves to talk about how "the space shuttle went WAY HIGH in the SKY!" And, one of the best parts of being a parent is having the ability to play off of your children's obsessions, so I was more than excited for Cub to be an astronaut for Halloween. Then I thought it would be cute if Naomi could be something space-ish, too, and it hit me: A star. She just twinkles, so it was really a perfect match. I hacked up some styrofoam to transform (ha ha) our wagon into a spaceship, and last night we ventured to our church's Trunk and Treat with our star and our astronaut in tow. It was way fun.

And, of course, in the chaos that is Monday in our home, I forgot to bring my camera, so all I have are a few pictures from my phone. Zero points for Mom. But, you get the idea. Also, attempting to get both children to smile at the camera is nothing short of hilarious. My star who giggled and played all night totally looks like she's scowling in both of the pictures. Meh, that's how it goes.



Have a lovely day, friends.

4 comments:

  1. Cutest star and astronaut I've seen!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought she was a snow fairy. A star makes more sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it was a little too chilly to go without a sweater, so her sparkly dress was covered up!

    ReplyDelete