Thursday, October 20, 2011

Handprint Tree!



My friend recently made some handprint trees with her kiddos, so last week I decided to do the same with Cub. Once sister went down for a nap, Cub helped me gather paint from our craft closet and organize our assembly line of tools: Paint, paintbrush, damp paper towels, and a large piece of paper.

We started with the tree trunk. Using a paintbrush, I painted Cub's hand, wrist, and arm (to his elbow) with brown finger paint and pressed it on the paper. Then I wiped it off with a damp paper towel, rinsed the brush, and he picked the colors he wanted for the leaves. I repeated the process with each color (only painting his hand), and Voila! We soon had a fun fall-ish tree. He even added a smear of green for "grass". Such artistic flair! I hung it on our fridge and Cub is very proud. :)

Have a lovely day, friends!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. So cute! Thanks for describing how you did this, I've been wanting to try something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun! we were making a "thumbprint" tree today with fall colors as well! love the handprints :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twill copy next year perhaps--LOVE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete