Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Where I'm At.

Last week I felt incredibly disoriented. I woke up every morning not knowing what to do and spent the day in my pajamas, taking care of the kids but not being able to see beyond that to accomplish anything else. It was awkward, and frustrating, and hauntingly reminiscent of the period of time after Cub was born.

This past weekend, my husband went on a men's retreat with our church and I went to my parents' house to take some quiet time for myself, to figure out what was going on. And I realized through some soul-searching that, right now, life is crazy. It's crazy awesome, but crazy just the same. Which means that, in order for my little corner of the world to function correctly, I need to be on my game. And staying up late (in order to write blogs, for example) and therefore feeling exhausted through the day, not meditating on Scripture daily and feeling directionless, and not creating my to-do list every day (I'm a list person, I can't help it) and feeling frustrated were all hindering my ability to be my best, and my family and myself were paying for it.

In order to make all of this work, I need to stay focused. Focused on the Lord, focused on my husband, focused on my kids, and focused on my home. I know what I need to do and how I need to live in order to make things work.

So, if you see fewer blog posts, I'm not gone. I haven't sworn away all things Internet. I just need to settle into a new kind of normal when it comes to blogging. I love to blog and will keep it up, just not as frequently. I hope that make sense.

SO! On Friday, I will take my kids in for their twenty-four month and four month appointments respectively, which is itself an indication of the crazy (wonderful crazy) stage that I'm in. My husband and I talked about how life can be hard right now but it is also good, and we want to relish in these moments. It's a tough phase, per se, but it is also a fleeting one.

Thanks for reading and thanks for sticking with me. I've got a little boy wanting to play with his new alphabet train puzzle (thanks, Alyson!) so I need to go. Letters, here we come!

Have a lovely day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so with you. My blog has definitely suffered, but better that than my family, right?! And, we have all LOVED that puzzle. Not only is it massive long, and durable and has upper AND lowercase letters ... it's a train with animals! What little boy doesn't love that :) Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey...as you know from my lack of blogging, I'm right there with you. I've had to set limits for computer time or else I find myself wasting a lot of time. like right now. both girls are napping, and what am I doing?!? I'm on the computer. checking blogs. oops! ;)

    ReplyDelete