Saturday, June 5, 2010

Not Sure Where The "Apple" Comes From.

Or the "pine" for that matter.

Well, friends, I'm not typically a weekend poster, but since I have entertained you thus far with my natural labor inducing attempts, I figured I'd give you one more update. Behold:


Le pineapple.

I've had a couple of friends suggest this one to me, so today I took the plunge. I was a tad hesitant because I'm not a huge pineapple fan. But, I keep a stash of fresh pineapple in the fridge for the Cub, who loves pineapple almost as much as cheddar bunnies. So, I filled a bowl with the snazzy fruit and helped myself. And you know what? It wasn't that bad. So, we'll see if this myth can be proven true, or if it is just that ... a myth!

(And, I feel like I should add a huge disclaimer here. I realize that, while I am past 37 weeks and therefore technically "full term", I am not yet at my due date--and that attempting to induce labor before the aforementioned time could be risky. However, the "methods" I am using are totally harmless and will not work unless little Naomi is ready. Also, as I've progressed steadily every time I've visited my doctor, that tells me that my body is in forward motion already and this little girl is going to come when she's going to come, no matter how much pineapple or eggplant parmesan I consume or how many walks I take!)

So, friends, we'll see if this one does the trick! Time to refill my bowl ...

Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. I ate an entire pineapple with Sophia...I ended up having her a few days later; on my due date. It was yummy though! ;)

    Next up, curb walking. haha.

    Laughing hysterically worked for me both times...unplanned of course, but coincidence nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the last weeks of my pregnancy I would single-handedly polish off a pineapple about every 24 hours. Had never heard that it was a labor-inducer, but you never know!

    ReplyDelete