Thursday, February 4, 2010

I Also Enjoy Long Walks On The Beach.

I'm copping out and doing a survey I found on Sassy Times' blog. :) I've been on the go all week and I needed a way to decompress! So, survey it is!


1. What is your name and do you have any nicknames? Kathryn. My nicknames are Katie and Kate. My friends call me Katie, my family calls me Kate. Nobody calls me Kathryn! :)

2. What color are your socks right now? No socks. I do not like socks.

3. What are you listening to right now? A brownie throwdown with Bobby Flay on TV. It is a good thing there are no brownies in the house right now.

4. What was the last thing that you ate? A piece of dark chocolate.

5. Can you drive a stick shift? If necessary, but I'm less than graceful at it.

6. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My husband!

7. Last place you went on vacation? Out of country: Aruba

8. What Hobbies do you have? Blogging, photography, reading cardboard books about ducks that quack and wheels on busses that go 'round and 'round.

9. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? Football

10. What is your favorite drink? The Best Drink I've Ever Had: Raspberry Mocha from Nordaggio's. My Favorite Drink On a Regular Basis: Ice water or Dunkin' Donuts coffee with a splash of Italian Creme creamer. YUM.

11. Have you ever dyed your hair? Yes, since I was twelve. As soon as my naturally blonde hair turned brown, my parents gave me the go-ahead to start highlighting it. I'm just a blonde. There's no way around it.

12. Favorite food? Seafood or anything with too many carbs.

13. What is the last movie you watched? P.S. I Love You.

14. Favorite day of the year? This is a tough one. I'm going to have to say that my favorite day is any day I get to wake up and find a snuggly Cub asleep in his crib. Waking up to that beats out any holiday!

15. How do you vent anger? Aggressive cleaning. And exercise.

16. What was your favorite toy as a child? Breyer horses. I have a huge Breyer horse collection.

17. What is your favorite season? Spring. Bring on the promise of summer!

18. Cherries or Blueberries? Blueberries. I kind of hate cherries, unless they are in pie. Or cobbler. Or anything else with a crust and obscene amounts of sugar.

19. What is your occupation right now? I almost wrote "unemployed", but it's by choice, so I guess I have to say "Stay At Home Mom". Or "Homemaker". Both of which crack me up. Or, rather, the stereotype cracks me up. It makes me feel ... old?

20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Whatever God call us to next wherever He call us to next.

21. What state (or country for our international bloggers) do you live and what State or Country would you like to live some day? I live in Oklahoma. If I could, I would hoist all of our family and friends here and drag them to the east coast and we would settle there. I need a beach close by.

22. Living arrangements? Baby in belly, husband and son in house. And dog in house.

23. Do you have any pets? Yes, Bailey, a Boston Terrier Pile of Hyperness.

24. What is on the floor of your closet? Too many shoes.

25. What are three of your favorite items at the moment? Our new mattress (SO COMFORTABLE!), my camera, and my car. I use my car all the time and I'm really glad I love it. Honda CRV. Love.

26. What did you do last night? Hung out with small group girls and gave one of them lots of tips on how to style her hair (she asked, don't worry). It was hilarious. I forget how much I love hair stuff. ("It's just as important what you put on your hair before you blow-dry it ...")

27. Any news you want to share? I love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

28. What do you like on your hamburgers? Cheese, lettuce, tomato, grilled onions, mustard, ketchup.

29. Favorite dog breed? Doberman Pinscher.

30. Favorite day of the week? Sunday.

31. How many states have you lived in? Three. (I spent a summer in Vermont, but I'm not sure if that counts ... if it does, then four.)

32. Diamonds or pearls? Pearls, but only when I'm vacuuming. Ha, ha.

33. What is your favorite flower? Alstroemeria. Funny name, beautiful flower. Behold:


34. Favorite meal you have ever had at a restaurant and which restaurant was it? My first ever wienerschnitzel at a pub in Salzburg.

35. What music are you currently listening to? On our iPod in the living room we have Needtobreathe and in our car I have Ben Harper and the Blind Boys of Alabama. And Baby Einstein Traveling Melodies.

36. What is one fun thing you are looking forward to in the coming year? Watching Cub meet Naomi.

5 comments:

  1. We have a Boston Terrier too! Leroy is very hyper too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The very brownie throwdown you mentioned here caused a chain reaction in our house: I watch a show about delish brownies; I look at Russell with a pleading expression; Russell takes the car keys and leaves the house; 20 minutes later, a brownie mix is in the oven and baking. Dang Bobby Flay. Making me crave brownies....! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Books about quacking- Alex's favorite book is Little Quack loves colors...I completely understand. He'll pick that book out of 'em all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I would totally move to the beach with you. Just name the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, I was eating a brownie at the exact moment that I read this post. Crazy! I've been craving them ALL WEEK and finally gave in last night when D whipped up a killer batch. Yum Yum yummmmm.

    Oh, and PS I Love You makes me bawl like a baby. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete