Thursday, December 31, 2009

Best of '09!

Yesterday I came down with the stomach bug and spent the day in bed (or in the bathroom, tossing my cookies), except for that one time in the morning before I realized how sick I was, when I hurled in my father-in-law's new truck.

Weee!

:(

The bug wore off as the evening wore on and I spent New Year's alone in bed, while Cubbie and my husband rang in the New Year with my in-laws' (who are very forgiving of those who vomit in their vehicles). I didn't feel sorry for myself--actually, it felt really good to just be in bed, resting, while my body recovered.

This past year was the most tumultuous year thus far. But, amazingly, we can stand at the end of it and look at the miraculous and wonderful things God has done for us. These are the two "Best of '09" that top my list:

1) Dad being miraculously healed of cancer and getting better every day

2) Finding out on Cubbie's first birthday that we were pregnant with Baby #2

How about you?

Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. Why, you didn't spend New Years by yourself. You spent it with your precious child inside you, ringing in the year of his/her birth together, just the two of you. And that is just sweet.

    My best of '09: May 30. The birth of my lamb.

    Happy New Year! :)

    And get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best of '09: Birth of Little B on June 24th. Another year of marriage with my wonderful Hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine was just the whole new learning experience raising a child. It has been one of the best years of my life and looking foward to many more.

    ReplyDelete