Thursday, October 1, 2009

And the Survey Says: Communion Wine!

The baby is asleep and I am sitting in bed with the laptop, so I figured I'd do a little taggy-tag survey thing from my friend over at Sassy Times. Then I will do something productive. :)
1. Who was your first prom date? His name was Justin and he was very tall.

2. Do you still talk to your first love? I can't say that I've ever felt about anyone the way I feel about my husband. So, yes, I still talk to my husband, quite frequently. :) 

3. What was your first alcoholic drink? Wine during Communion at a Reformed Church in Vermont. I was in grade school and realized very quickly this wasn't the typical run-of-the-mill Communion grape juice. 

4. What was your first job? Barnett's Dairyette. I made a mean strawberry shake. 

5. What was your first car? I inherited our 1990 Mazda MPV and when it finally died, I drove a 2000 Chevy Cavalier. 

6. Who was the first person to text you today? No texts yet today! It's a Festivus miracle! :)

7. Who was the first person you thought of this morning? My husband because he accidentally whacked me in the face while he was sleeping.

8. Who was your first grade teacher? Mrs. Banks. She was wonderful and had a very gentle voice. She was pregnant when we started school and then she miscarried. I still remember holding her hand while she told us about it, while we all sat around her in a circle on the floor. She had tears in her eyes and we all cried, too, even though none of us really knew what a miscarriage was. We just knew she had her baby too early and now her baby was with Jesus. Wow, my eyes got teary just remember that! I liked her a lot.

9. Where did you go on your first flight in a plane? I think it would have been from California to Vermont when I was in kindergarten. The pilot showed us the cockpit and I remember thinking there were SO MANY BUTTONS. I don't think they let you do that anymore, do they?

10. Who was your first best friend and do you still talk? Alayna in Kindergarten. She moved after Kindergarten and we lost touch.

11. Where was your first sleepover? Alayna's house. I hated sleepovers and would never spend the night at anyone else's house. I was so afraid. I think I had a lot of childhood anxiety!! I got over it, though. It was a fun party. :)

12. Who was the first person you talked to today? My husband when I woke him up. He has made me his official alarm clock. 

13. Whose wedding were you in for the first time? My second cousin Paul's. I was four and I was a flower girl. I loved my dress.

14. What was the first thing you did this morning? Took a shower! Yippee! :)

15. What was the first concert you went to? Pops In the Park in San Diego. I was six, I think.

16. First tattoo? None yet. I keep saying I want one, but I've never done anything about it. Meh.

17. First piercing? My first holes in my ears when I was fifteen. That's right, FIFTEEN. I was a bit of a tomboy before then, I think. Which is kind of funny to think about now. I got my second holes in college when my good friend pierced them for me. No, it didn't hurt, no they didn't get infected, and yes, I still have them! I keep tiny diamond studs in them.

18. First foreign country you went to? Mexico (my grandparents owned a house there) and Canada (my Dad's family built a VERY RUSTIC cabin in Ontario), and beyond that ... the Netherlands on our way to Paris when I was in college.

19. First movie you remember seeing? Hmmm ... that's tough. I remember seeing 101 Dalmatians in the theatre. I had a pink t-shirt with Lucky on the front of it. I loved Lucky the best.

20. What state (province) did you first live in? California.

21. Who was your first room mate? Maggie, our freshman year of college.

22. When was your first detention? We didn't have detention at my school!

23. When was your first kiss? Cody in eighth grade. He was a jerk and he broke my heart. I'm over it now. :)

24. What is one thing you would learn, given the chance? I wish I could play more on the guitar.

25. Who will be the next person to post this? Whoever has time on their hands!

3 comments:

  1. My freshman roommates name was Maggie, too! What are the chances?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sad/sweet story about your teacher! Kinda made me teary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to know I wasn't the only girl who was scared of sleepovers!

    ReplyDelete